Barcelona officially unveiled Franck Kessie at the club’s training ground on Wednesday morning.
The defensive midfielder signed a four-year contract with the Catalan giants after his deal with AC Milan expired in June.
Kessie said he was ‘excited’ about meeting up with his new Barcelona team-mates during the unveiling and insisted he wanted to show ‘this epic club’ what he can ‘do’.
Kessie was pictured at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper – which is Barcelona’s training ground and academy base – on Wednesday morning.
The 25-year-old midfielder was joined by the club’s President Joan Laporta out on the pitch at the training complex.
Laporta handed Kessie a Barcelona shirt with his name on the back and the pair posed for photographs together.
It remains to be seen what number Kessie will wear during the 2022-2023 campaign as the shirt he posed with on Wednesday morning was numberless.
Speaking at the unveiling, Kessie said: ‘I’m really looking forward to meeting all the coaching staff. I’m also very excited to meet my teammates and start training.
The 25-year-old went on to add: ‘I’ve come to an epic club and I want to show what I can do’.
While, Laporta added: ‘We welcome Kessie and all of his family to the club. His wife, his children and his team – who we have worked very well with.
‘We congratulate them for achieving this signing. He is a player that wanted to come to Barcelona. We are very happy with this signing.
‘The coach is very happy to bring in a player with these characteristics. We are achieving the expectations of this summer market.’
During a fruitful title-winning campaign with Milan in Serie A, Kessie scored six goals and notched 31 league appearances from defensive midfield.
His arrival could have a positive knock-on effect for Manchester United in their pursuit of Barcelona’s star midfielder Frenkie de Jong, who has been linked with the Red Devils all summer.
De Jong’s £55m move plus add-ons to Manchester was believed to be ’90 per cent’ complete last week, but the deal has since stalled as Laporta recently stated he was ‘not for sale’.
The LaLiga giants have been entrenched in a financial crisis, restricted from signing priority transfer targets Robert Lewandowski, Bernardo Silva and Raphinha.