Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has caught up with Robert Lewandowski at the top of this season’s Champions League scoring charts.
The Frenchman has been in red-hot form for the Spanish giants and is now a clear favourite for this season’s Champions League golden boot.
Lewandowski was on target on Tuesday night as Bayern battled but failed to advance, taking his tally to 13.
The Polish striker scored nine in Bayern’s first five games, taking over as the competition’s top scorer with a hat-trick in the round of 16 second leg against Salzburg.
Sébastien Haller was the early frontrunner after becoming only the second player to register in all six group games after Cristiano Ronaldo in 2017/18.
That leaves Karim Benzema with the chance to claim top spot, as he netted his 12th of the season to help Real Madrid overcome Chelsea in the quarter-final second leg.
Here are the standings;
- 13 Robert Lewandowski (Bayern)
- 12 Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- 11 Sébastien Haller (Ajax)
- 8 Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- 7 Christopher Nkunku (Leipzig)
- 6 Leroy Sané (Bayern)
- 6 Kylian Mbappé (Paris)
- 6 Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- 6 Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)6 Arnaut Danjuma (Villarreal)
- 6 Darwin Núñez (Benfica)
- 5 Lionel Messi (Paris)
- 5 Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
- 4 Pedro Gonçalves (Sporting CP)
- 4 Antoine Griezmann (Atlético)
- 4 Thomas Müller (Bayern)
- 4 Timo Werner (Chelsea)