While he has been one of the brightest sparks in the Arsenal team, Bukayo Saka’s wages at the club have got everyone talking.
The club is said to be in negotiations to and the England international a new deal that will see his earnings shoot.
The Sun reports that Saka’s current wages are only £30,000 a week with the club keen to quadruple that to as high as £125,000 a week something that ahs said to be enticing to the player’s camp who sees his future at the Emirates.
The new deal would bring him up to the likes of Ben White (£120,000-a-week) and Kieran Tierney (£110,000-a-week) and would make Saka the fourth-highest earner at the club. Only Thomas Partey, Alexandre Lacazette, and Nicolas Pepe would be earning more than the winger.
Saka has ten goals and five assists in 33 appearances so far this season and there were reports from ESPN that Liverpool had enquired about his availability something that has forced Arsenal to begin new contract talks.
Arsenal’s highest earners
Name, salary, weekly wage
- Thomas Partey, £10,400,000, £200,000
- Alexandre Lacazette, £9,467,273, £182,063
- Nicolas Pepe, £7,280,000, £140,000
- Bukayo Saka, £6,500,000, £125,000 – if new contract signed
- Ben White, £6,240,000, £120,000
- Kieran Tierney, £5,720,000, £110,000
- Bernd Leno, £5,200,000, £100,000
- Granit Xhaka, £5,200,000, £100,000
- Gabriel Martinelli, £4,680,000, £90,000
- Pablo Mari, £4,420,000, £85,000
- Cedric Soares, £3,900,000, £75,000
- Mohamed Elneny, £2,730,000, £52,500
- Gabriel Magalhaes, £2,600,000, £50,000
Arsenal is one of the teams fighting for a Champions League this season and with their form, they are one of the favorites to finish in the top four brackets.