The race for this season’s Champions League top scorer promises to be an exciting one going into the knockout phase.
Robert Lewandowski and Sebastien Haller are the frontrunners, with the latter edging ahead of the Polish forward on the last day of group action last week.
The Ajax striker once again made history after finding the back of the net in the Dutch club’s last match of the group, a 4-2 win over Sporting CP.
The Ivory Coast international became only the second player to score in all group matches after Cristiano Ronaldo in 2017/18.
Haller now leads the scoring charts this season with 10 goals, one ahead of Lewandowski.
Next on the list are seven-goal duo Mohamed Salah of Liverpool and Leipzig midfielder Christopher Nkunku.
2021/22 UEFA Champions League top scorers
- 10 Sébastien Haller (Ajax)
- 9 Robert Lewandowski (Bayern)
- 7 Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- 7 Christopher Nkunku (Leipzig)
- 6 Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- 5 Leroy Sané (Bayern)
- 5 Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- 5 Lionel Messi (Paris)
- 5 Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- 4 Kylian Mbappé (Paris)
- 4 Pedro Gonçalves (Sporting CP)
- 4 Arnaut Danjuma (Villarreal)
- 4 Antoine Griezmann (Atlético