Finally, after a two-week period with no club football, action resumes this weekend across Europe’s top leagues.
The English Premier League has a number of high-profile matches lined up, with Saturday having two key clashes.
One of them will see Liverpool host Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal at their fortress, Anfield.
The Gunners have found it hard against the Reds at Anfield, and we look at their record over the years.
Facts and figures
- September 2012 was the last time Arsenal won at Anfield
- The Reds have scored 25 goals in eight Premier League matches since then at Anfield
- Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah have scored Eight times in those fixtures
- Liverpool have won their past five home Premier League matches against Arsenal, netting at least three goals in every win – they last had a longer home top-flight winning run against the Gunners between September 1981 and January 1988 (seven in a row)
- Since Jurgen Klopp took charge of Liverpool, Arsenal have won just one of 11 Premier League games against the Reds (drawn three, lost seven), with the Gunners coming from 1-0 down to win 2-1 at Emirates Stadium in July 2020.
- Liverpool’s defeat at West Ham last time out ended the Reds’ 20-game unbeaten run in the Premier League
Liverpool vs Arsenal (Last five games)
- 29th December 2018: Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal
- 24th August 2019: Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
- 15th July 2020: Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
- 28th September 2020: Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
- 3rd April 2021: Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool