With the big five European leagues kicking off their 2021/22 season in the month of August, goalscorers will be keen to grab the Europen golden boot.
The award was won by Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski last season but with Erling Haaland and the likes of Kylian Mbappe scoring at will, this season’s race toward the golden boot promises to be an enticing one too.
So who are just the players who are already on the scoresheet towards the golden shoe race?
English Premier League
- Mohammed Salah (Liverpool FC)
- Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)
- Ciro Immobile (Lazio)
- Giovanni Simeone (Verona/Cagliari)
- Dusan Vlahovic (Fiorentina)
- Jonathan David (Lille)
- Gaetan Laborde (Montpellier/Rennes)
- Andy Delort (Montpellier/Nice)
- Wahbi Khazri (Saint-Etienne)
- Mohammed Bayo (Clermont)
- Habib Diallo (Starsbourg)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid)
- Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad)
- Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid)
- Raul de Tomas (Espanyol)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Erling Haaland (Dortmund)