Manchester United would be smashed 5-0 by Liverpool on Sunday evening in what was one of the club’s most embarrassing defeats in their storied history.
Goals from Naby Keita and Diogo Jota, as well as a Mohamed Salah hat-trick, ensured Jurgen Klopp’s side returned home with a staggering 5-0 win.
The game was over at the break after Liverpool netted four to set an unwanted record for Manchester United:
During the game, Manchester United fans would call for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to be sacked.
This was not at all surprising given that Man United are already eight points behind league leaders Chelsea after just nine games, are out of the League Cup, lost to Young Boys in the Champions League and struggled to beat a weakened Atalanta side last week.
Pogba responds to Solskjaer snub claim
To make matters worse for Ole, he would bring Paul Pogba on at half-time vs the Reds only for the Frenchman to be shown a straight red card for a dangerous tackle on Naby Keita.
Pogba is now set to be sidelined for what has become a huge tie for Man United this weekend when they face off with Tottenham.
Following the Liverpool game, the Daily Mail, citing the Sun, reported that Pogba would snub Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The Frenchman is said to have apologised to his teammates for his red card against Liverpool, but did not say anything to Solskjaer after the loss.
However, Paul Pogba has now come out on Twitter to dismiss said reports, posting a ‘fake news’ sticker over the report from the Sun whilst also writing the caption,‘Big lies to make headlines.