Fiorentina

Fiorentina director general Joe Barone personally apologised to three Napoli players after they were racially abused following their Serie A win on Sunday.

Kalidou Koulibaly, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Victor Osimhen endured vile chants while Koulibaly was giving a post-match interview, according to Il Napolista.

Defender Koulibaly stopped at the tunnel and challenged the culprits after hearing a slur, the outlet said.

Barone reportedly described the incident as ‘unacceptable’, and striker Osimhen took to Twitter to urge people to discuss racism.

The Nigeria star wrote: ‘Speak to your kids, your parents, make them understand how disgusting it is to hate an individual because of the color of their skin. NO TO RACISM’.

Napoli’s official Twitter account retweeted Osimhen’s plea following the latest racist incident in Italy, and journalist Carlo Alvino said that the Federal Prosecutor had spoken to Koulibaly, with Napoli reportedly calling for an ‘uncompromising’ response.

Last month, AC Milan filed a complaint to the prosecutor accusing Lazio supporters of racially abusing Tiemoue Bakayoko and Franck Kessie.

Napoli came from behind at the Stadio Artemio Franchi to make it seven league wins out of seven for the season.

Hirving Lozano brought them level after Lucas Martinez Quarta scored the opener for the hosts, then Osimhen almost scored with an overhead kick.

Amir Rrahmani went one better in the 50th minute, bagging the winner to keep Napoli top of the table by two points from AC Milan.

Luciano Spalletti’s soaring side are the only team in Europe’s top five leagues with a 100 percent record this season.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here