Barcelona boss, Quique Setien, has revealed that both Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez will be contention this weekend, for their trip to Mallorca.

However, Setien admits he will have to manage their fitness with 11 games coming up in the next six weeks.

Barca resume their title defence on Saturday, following an enforced three month break due to COVID-19.

Suarez thought he’d miss the rest of the season, following a keyhole surgery on his knee in August, but he has now recovered in time for the run-in.

“After five months out he is training well but he’s going to need some time to get back to the best Luis Suarez,” Setien told a press conference on Friday.

Messi is back in full training after missing three sessions last week with a thigh injury.

“He has been training well. He’s in perfect shape,” Setien said about Messi.

“Messi knows how to manage himself. If he senses a risk, he will be the first to say he needs a rest.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here